978-0-8032-7178-4$30.00 Add to Cart
Introduction: What Golden Age?
1. Those Damn Yankees: Dominance and Submission in the American League
2. Player Movement and Building the Yankees: Leaving Soon from a (Small) City near You
3. The Game on the Ledger: Doldrums amid Prosperity
4. Changing Demographics, Suburbia, and Leisure Patterns: Why Did Baseball Attendance Fall?
5. Television and Baseball: The New Technology, Friend or Foe?
6. Where Is Robin Hood When You Need Him? Revenue Sharing in the American League
7. Isn't Anybody Going to Help That Game? Baseball Attempts to Rejuvenate Its Popularity
8. The Major League Cartel: Keeping Out the Interlopers
9. The Sixteen-Headed Hydra: The Cartel Faces the Enmity Within
10. The Yankees' Dynasty: Did Success Spoil the Team and Its Fans?
Epilogue: What If the Golden Age Ended and Nobody Cared?
Appendix of Tables