978-0-8032-9671-8$60.00 Add to Cart
Although early Zionist thinkers perhaps naively believed that anti-Jewish persecution would end with sovereignty, anti-Zionism has become one form of the “new” antisemitism following World War II. Because antisemitism has not been effectively addressed, anti-Jewish rhetoric, activism, and deadly violence have flourished around the world.
In Anti-Judaism, Antisemitism, and Delegitimizing Israel editor Robert S. Wistrich and an array of notable academics, journalists, and political scientists analyze multiple aspects of the current surge in anti-Jewish and anti-Israel rhetoric and violence. Contributors Ben Cohen, R. Amy Elman, Lesley Klaff, Matthias Küntzel, Nelly Las, Alvin H. Rosenfeld, and Efraim Sicher, among others, examine antisemitism from the perspectives of history, academia, gender, identity, and religion. Offering a variety of viewpoints and insights into disturbing trends worldwide, the contributors provide a basis for further discussion and increased efforts to counter the increasingly vocal and violent hatred of Jews and Israel.
In Memoriam Robert S. Wistrich
1. Ben Cohen Antisemitism in the Age of Jewish Empowerment
2. Melanie Phillips The West’s Auto-immune Disease
3. Bat Ye’or Antisemitism/Anti-Zionism: Primal Pillars in Europe’s Decay
4. Fiamma Nirenstein Israelophobia is the New Antisemitism
5. Shimon Samuels Antisemitic Terror and Identity Theft
6. Alvin H. Rosenfeld What Precisely is "Criticism of Israel"?
7. Milton Shain South Africa, Apartheid, and the Road to BDS
8. Efaim Sicher The Postcolonial Jew: Racialization, Delegitimization, Ambiguity
9. Joel Fishman Anti-Zionism as a Form of Political Warfare
10. Manfred Gerstenfeld Israel and the Jews as Prisms for Understanding Europe Today
11. Stephen H. Norwood Convergent Anti-Zionisms: The American Far Left and Far Right
12. Robert Wistrich Jewish Anti-Zionism: From Critique to Delegitimization
13. Clemens Heni Studying Antisemitism: Some Troubling Trends in Academia
14. Nelly Las Jewish Attitudes Facing Antisemitism: A Gender Analysis
15. Maurice Samuels Antisemitism and the Return of Universalism in Contemporary France
16. Michel Gurfinkiel France, Antisemitism, and the Prognosis for European Jewry
17. Lesley Klaff Holocaust Inversion in British Politics: The Case of David Ward
18. R. Amy Elman The European Union and the Politics of Denial
19. Laurence Weinbaum Amnesia and Antisemitism in the "Second Jagiellonian Age"
20. Samuel Barnai Anti-Zionism in Contemporary Russia: Eurasian, Islamic, and Left-populist Trends
21. Matthias Küntzel Iranian Antisemitism and the International Response
22. Efrat Aviv Antisemitism in Turkey during Operation Protective Edge
23. Guy Millière Radical Islam, Zionism, and the Western Media
24. Giovanni Matteo Quer The Jews, Israel, and Palestinian Replacement Theology
25. Robert S. Wistrich Gaza, Hamas, and the "New" Antisemitism